Removing wallpaper can be relatively simple. Newer wallpapers, especially non-woven wallpapers, are designed to be strippable, so you can peel them off the wall easily. To strip wallpaper, or find out what kind of job lies ahead, find a corner and start peeling. If it peels away in one large sheet with ease, you are in luck. However, some older wallpaper will pose more of a challenge to remove. Here are instructions on how to remove HANMERO wallpaper.
Perforating tool or wallpaper scoring tool
Wallpaper removal solution
Solution sprayer such as a Spray bottle
1.Spread drop cloths over the entire area to protect floors
2. If your wallpaper removal solution requires mixing, mix the removal solution with hot water in a spray bottle as recommended by the manufacturer.
3. Perforate the surface of the wallpaper all over with a wallpaper scoring tool. This will allow the wallpaper removal solution to seep behind the wallpaper and loosen the adhesive.
4. Spray the wallpaper removal solution on liberally and allow it to soak into the wallpaper for the recommended amount of time.
5. Note: Don’t rush this process. Let the wallpaper removal solution do most of the work.
6. Once the wallpaper is loosened, peel it away with a wallpaper knife, being careful not to gouge the wall underneath. Be sure to remove the backing paper, too.
7. Some older wallpaper can cling so some patches may need to be soaked again with the removal solution to loosen the adhesive.
8. Finally, spray any residual adhesive with the solution and sponge down the entire wall with clean, hot water to make sure you got all of the glue off
9. Allow the surface to dry thoroughly, and you’re ready to redecorate!
Location: Wuhan City,China